BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensode Template Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensode Template Issue
    Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 3:41pm
So I am looking for advise on my Sensode Template.

The main menu works fine by clicking for example "About" then when I click "Home" it goes back to the top of page no problem however when you are on mobile or make your browser as narrow as it can go then use the little button to bring up menu and go to "About" then click "Home" it get a 404 error and it is trying to load /index.dat

Heres the site: https://test.dawnofthez.co.uk/

Issue only with mobile button or browser full narrowed

Any help appreciated!
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2020 at 9:06pm
There are two different menus in the Base_Menu layer

On whide screen the small device menu is invisible

If you select Edit Medias then tablet, you will see the mall devices menu becoming available

This is where you select the menu items targets.  Simply change the pop-up menu settings

Edited by Hobby001 - Dec 29 2020 at 9:07pm
Captain_Bigzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 1:26am
Ah excellent thankyou very much for this help, I had realised it must be using a different menu as other changes made to all the main menus applied but not when on mobile I just could not find out where to access it.

Greatly appreciated!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 2:01am
So I couldn't see where to actually edit the mobile menu settings for each button but managed to manually change the index.htm using notepad++ and finding this          

<a href="index.dat">HOME</a>

And changing it to

<a href="index.htm#home">HOME</a>

The only thing I am missing is an extra button I added to my main menu which I probably am not confident enough to try manually.but will keep looking where the editing option of this is.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 1:03pm
Any change made directly to an htm file will be lost, overwritten by OE every time you edit the page with OE.

Edited by Hobby001 - Dec 30 2020 at 1:05pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 1:17pm
The base rule with OE is: Never directly manipulate a file or folder within your project's folder unless you are an OE expert.  OE keeps track of all the components trough some sort of database.  Manipulating files and folders with OE's site explorer is possible.

If you rename or delete a file or folder without using OE's site explorer it might be as bad as destroying  your project.

If you edit your page with notepad, OE will not know it and will not include it to your project.

There are some cases where adding files and folders can be done but you must know how to add the correspondant code to your page trough OE's interface.  These additions will not be automatically included into the site upload so they might not work on your site.  There are ways to go around that but it requires serious skills.

Edited by Hobby001 - Dec 30 2020 at 1:21pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 7:38pm
Thanks for all the info again, I finally found out how to add the link and link text to the pop-up menu, I had clicked that before but didn't notice the arrow >

I have had no issues so far with changing the link of the home button and the display names for other buttons via the index.htm manually with notepad++  working great on preview and after upload to my web server which I also do manually as its on a windows RDP and i can just copy/paste the whole project to my web server.

Thanks again for all the help it really is appreciated!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2021 at 7:15pm
Anyone know how these work? http://prnt.sc/wfg8st

I want to change colour to match rest of my site?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Captain_Bigzy Captain_Bigzy wrote:

Anyone know how these work? http://prnt.sc/wfg8st

I want to change colour to match rest of my site?

Where does that comes from? Which element?  What page?

What are you trying to achieve?

Edited by Hobby001 - Jan 04 2021 at 6:13pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bigzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2021 at 4:27am
All good managed to solve my issue, it was the border colour I just could not find the option to change red to blue to match my site colours.

https://prnt.sc/wggav8

It comes from actualities page of Sensode Black, you have Cadre_01 02 and 03 but i looked in everything until i finally noticed it was in the bottom border.

https://prnt.sc/wggcei

Had similar issue with trying to find colour change for buttons in the news section of index.htm but eventually noticed i needed to change the state to mouseover to get the option to change red to blue for that.

All good and very happy with the results, I have also managed to sort some new meta tags for the URL Preview embed  using the SEO Info and Metas section of OE which I again am very happy with the results.

<meta property="og:image" content="https://www.dawnofthez.co.uk/Files/Image/DOTZ_logo_meta.png" />
  <meta property="og:image:height" content="1920" />
  <meta property="og:image:width" content="1920" />
  <meta property="og:image:type" content="image/png" /> 

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic