BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make pages non searchable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make pages non searchable?
    Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 4:06pm
Hi,

How to modify site to make pages disappear from any index search, including blocking any "no index" search

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Edited by WattJet - Sep 18 2020 at 4:06pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 5:18pm
Add the following code to a html code block at header position:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

Edited by Hobby001 - Sep 18 2020 at 5:23pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2020 at 6:32pm
I included the code as a new block in the header,  and since the sitemap includes the page listed in all languages and I enabled the code for all.

I saved everything, clicked on  Preferences ->Maintenance  -> Rebuild pages, and I checked the sitemap file, and the pages still appear there.

Do I need to do something else?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 12:17pm
This code applies to the page when the bot tries to analyse it
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2020 at 4:13pm
Thanks again for all your guidance

Edited by WattJet - Sep 21 2020 at 4:17pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2020 at 4:58pm
Hi again,

Is there any way of making disappear certain pages (or directory) from the sitemap?
Following the original question, rather than only stopping bots from completing the search, I would also like that a certain page completely disappears from the sitemap.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any guidance
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2020 at 6:11pm
Do you want to hide web pages on the web?

Do you plan to put links to this page on visible pages?

Describe the process, situation and objective.
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2020 at 6:19pm
The original intention was to create a controlled access area only accessible with password.  We discussed the alternatives and I found out that my hosting provider does not support SqlLite and therefore an existing solution cannot be implemented directly.

As a result, I'd like that the page is completely undetectable other than by having the specific url -which I will handle. This will allow me also to modify/rename the page once I want to cut access to users.

See https://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=1736&title=create-a-page-with-password-and-video

Edited by WattJet - Oct 14 2020 at 6:25pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2020 at 7:23pm
There is more than that to condider, what about the url visibility when the page is displayed?
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2020 at 7:37pm
If we could manage that too, it would be great.

In any case, there are no security issues involved . The purpose is basically to avoid unwanted visitors.

Since there is not an easy setup for an  access control area, the bare minimum is being able to grant access to certain individuals/companies for a week and then cut them off by changing the page/url.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic