BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update not working WYS is not WYG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update not working WYS is not WYG
    Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 9:19am
Hi,

The preview and upload in server do not reflect the changes made in the project.

I used a new font  (Aadhunik)for the whole project.  When making the local versions for other languages I found that the font had no special characters (é, à, ñ, etc), so when these appeared, the page rendered the default font (TitilliumText25l).

Since the default font did not match with the Aadhunik, I decided to use the font "OCR A Extended"  and for specific characters (except for one particular character for which I use the "Montserrat" font.  Thus, the project ended having all texts in Aadhunik and the special characters in OCR & Montserrat

In the meantime got in contact with the person that made the font and he said he would sent me the special characters and I got them today.

I updated the font in my PC and verified that all the special characters work. Then I opened the project and went through all the windows with text, selected the whole window and apply the Aadhunik font throughout.

I can see in the project window that change worked and that the text has changed the font and that the project is now entirely written in Aadhunik font. I saved the whole project after the changes and I also applied the "maintenance" -> "Rebuild pages" procedure, and I uploaded in the server.

.....but when I click on "preview" within OE as well as when I see the site in online, all special characters appear in the default font (TitilliumText25l).

(See online  https://mydatamygain.com/index.pt.htm#news  and see the title of Noticias 03. You will note that characters "ã" "ê" are in a different font that shows in size)

So it seems that even if the font is working in my PC and in the project, when it is being rendered, it does not "find" the special characters in the font and shows the default font.

Additional info:
When I check the project, I see that in the fonts folders it has "Titillium text25l", "Montserrat", "OCR A Extended" and I only need,  "Aadhunik"

So, aside of the obvious question: what to do to make the rendering "see"  the -now- complete font  Aadhunik?

I'd have two additional questions:

- How do verify that there is no residual use of the OCR & Montserrat fonts in the project (again, I went through all the windows changing the font, but is there a way to "find" if this fonts are required anywhere?

- How to I avoid that the project still includes the OCR and the Montserrat fonts that are still included in the fonts folder?

Edited by WattJet - Jul 13 2020 at 11:48am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 1:08pm
Obviously, you created specific css for special characters within text.

If you select the page and change the font or if you select a text block you will not overide the special selections

You may try to select a text block, then double click on it to select only the text within it.  Then go to font and select default or the one wou wish.

The issue is that when you apply a font to a text block, all it's content will inherit the font but when you select the text content or a part of it and change the font, you break the inheritance process.  So what ever you try to change the font to the parent element will not apply to the content.
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 1:24pm
Thanks for the answer

Still, I do not get why I can see the changes in the OE project window, but they do not appear in the preview or in the server.

But getting to the point, I am not sure if I understand.

I tried to correct in this two ways:

- I selected the block. Then Double click, -all the block appears selected in blue background-. Then chose the new font & apply it. The new font shows well in the project but not in the preview

- I selected the text block, then specifically selected all the text (not double click, but click and move mouse to select the text) then applied the new font. Same result

What do I need to correct it?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 1:29pm
Re publish the full project in complete mode. 

Or send it back to me again, I deleted the one you sent me last time (I allways do that).
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 2:25pm
I received your project.

Send me the new font (ttf) file separately.
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 2:29pm
sent
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 3:02pm
You can test the fonts here: http://www.glyphrstudio.com/

They don't support extended character set

WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 3:12pm

Edited by WattJet - Jul 13 2020 at 3:25pm
WattJet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WattJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 3:24pm
Thanks again for reviewing the issue

So, just to understand what the problem is. The new font has special characters that are not supported when being rendered by OE?

The point that I cannot understand is that I do see the correct fonts in my screen in the OE screen. But they dont work when I try to publish them.

But, on the other hand, other fonts -not only the default- (OCR A Extended & Montserrat) do have those same extended characters and OE is able to publish them?

This is what I see in OE project screen

and this is what I see published

Edited by WattJet - Jul 13 2020 at 3:27pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:

Thanks again for reviewing the issue

So, just to understand what the problem is. The new font has special characters that are not supported when being rendered by OE?

Not only by OE  open your font with http://www.glyphrstudio.com/ and compare with another one that works.  You will see that there is something missing.

Originally posted by WattJet WattJet wrote:

The point that I cannot understand is that I do see the correct fonts in my screen in the OE screen. But they dont work when I try to publish them.

But, on the other hand, other fonts (OCR A Extended & Montserrat) do have those same extended characters and OE is able to publish them?

OCR A Extended supports special characters. test it here http://www.glyphrstudio.com/ 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic