BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Refresh page with mobile and tablets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refresh page with mobile and tablets
    Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 5:46pm
Hi,

I did a website with Open Element and it works quite good. But whenever I do a change or add something and publish it on my server, the modifications doesn't show up on my mobile or my tablet. My friend said the same thing. Even if I refresh my page on my devices nothing really happens or when something do happen it moves some assets at odd places. I need to erase Safari's history on my devices and open the page again.
Wtf?

Edited by Doug_DC - Mar 29 2020 at 5:48pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 7:40pm
Can you confirm that you can see the changes on the server from you PC?
Doug_DC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 7:49pm
On my PC I just need to refresh the page and the mods appear ok.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 9:12pm
So this means that your mobile devices are keeping their copy of the site in their cash memory or that the network is doing some retention ans resend the same version until it is updated.

It depends on you network supplier.

digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 9:37pm
It might also depend on the provider/domain.
Some keep the old pages in cache for about 5 minutes, before updating with the new one's.
To speed up the access transfer when they are requested from an user.
If you update the project to the server, it accepts it and stores it,
BUT it does NOT transfer them into the server's cache. The old content is kept in the cache.
Ask your domain provider how to always update the cache (for the test period) instantly.
Sample for one.com .htaccess
#FreeScript
Header add "disablevcache" "true"

Edited by digizar - Mar 30 2020 at 1:09pm
Doug_DC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2020 at 9:38pm
I know how to clear my cache and it happens with my phone, my Ipad, my girlfriend's phone, my friend's phone. It looks like it happens when it's a mobile or tablet. I can't ask everyone to delete their cache every time I update my website. I thought maybe it was a publish setting.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 12:43pm
Don't ask me why but sometimes you need to do a complete publishing to get better results.

Doug_DC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 2:47pm
When you say complete publishing, what do you mean exactly?
Doug_DC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 2:50pm
Digizar, here is my access content.
Where should I put the code you referred to? And should I modify something else in this file?

#Protect .htaccess
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

#FreeScript
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
<IfDefine !Free>
<IfModule  mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "private, max-age=0, must-revalidate"
Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=8; IE=9; IE=10"
</IfModule>
</IfDefine>

#FreeScript
AddType video/ogg .ogg
AddType video/ogg .ogv
AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType video/mp4 .m4v
AddType video/mp4 .mov
AddType video/webm .webm

Doug_DC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug_DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 2:54pm
Funny thing is it seems to only happen to mobile and tablets. On my computer I just refresh my page and all it goods.
On phone and tablets, even if I wait hours and even days, it won't refresh correctly unless I delete the cache on the device.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic