BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Templates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making Chnages to ResponsiveCenter01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making Chnages to ResponsiveCenter01
    Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 1:40am
I am new to OpenElement (1.57 R9) and recently downloaded the ResponsiveCenter01 template to work with it. I have spent sometime to make changes but no success. I hope to get some help from this forum.

1). Text Placement
a). I would like to be able to move the banner text to a different place than where it is now on RSection01. Currently, it seems to be fixed at the center regardless of the values changed under Styles/Customize tab.
b). What and why is it that if I delete the container the whole section is deleted;i.e. not shown in Preview.?.

2). Resizing section
It does not seem there is a way to reduce the height of a section using Properties (Size/Height). It does not matter what number I enter, the Preview always shows exact same original height, even after Refresh Page. This is for RSection02. I would like to know the way to resize any section.

3). Page length
How do I change the page length?.

4). Text Styles
There are two places that text font can be set from the GUI. One is on the top left Element Style Zone and the other under Styles/Customize on the right pane. Which one is the right one to use?. They do not seem to relate; where Styles/Customize only sets Font family and not specific font.

Please help. Thank you!

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by TC2020 TC2020 wrote:

I am new to OpenElement (1.57 R9) and recently downloaded the ResponsiveCenter01 template to work with it. I have spent sometime to make changes but no success. I hope to get some help from this forum.

1). Text Placement
a). I would like to be able to move the banner text to a different place than where it is now on RSection01. Currently, it seems to be fixed at the center regardless of the values changed under Styles/Customize tab.
b). What and why is it that if I delete the container the whole section is deleted;i.e. not shown in Preview.?.

2). Resizing section
It does not seem there is a way to reduce the height of a section using Properties (Size/Height). It does not matter what number I enter, the Preview always shows exact same original height, even after Refresh Page. This is for RSection02. I would like to know the way to resize any section.

This template is not designed to be modified that way these parameters are hardcoded

3). Page length
How do I change the page length?.

Total page length depends on the number of sections and on their size

4). Text Styles
There are two places that text font can be set from the GUI. One is on the top left Element Style Zone and the other under Styles/Customize on the right pane. Which one is the right one to use?. They do not seem to relate; where Styles/Customize only sets Font family and not specific font.

Please help. Thank you!

Both menus are acting on the same parameters. 

The one on the top is easier to use and allow basic configuration. 

The one on the right allows a lot more.  

Edited by Hobby001 - Mar 27 2020 at 11:48am
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 10:52am
You are canadian, therefore you must have been exposed to french. 

There are good french tutorials with videos here: 

Other than that Sensode templates are more flexible:

and the free ones are available trough OpenElement 

TC2020 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 8:36pm
Thanks for your help. I will look into the links you provided - tutorials and Sensode.

I found an old message on the same section resizing in this forum at:

https://forum.openelement.com/en/forum_posts.asp?TID=576&title=responsive01-templateresizing-sections

I copy it here for convenience:

==========
To workaround this issue, you can disable this auto-resizing for any given Section by

1) adding an additional Custom Class in Properties, e.g. "noheight" (separate it by space from existing classes, you shoudl get for example "responsiveSection textShadowIE noheight"),

2) then adding a Code Block (Source) type CSS position Header with the code that corresponds to the class name:

.noheight .respSectContent {
    margin-top: 20px !important;
    margin-bottom: 20px !important;
}
==========

I tried the above steps and not sure I followed them correctly and this is what I did:

1). Click on Section02 and change Properties/Custom Classes from responsiveSection to responsiveSection noheight
2). Click on Source Code to open the bottom code editor
3). Click on the + sign next to Code Block (Visual) to open the New Code Block window
4). Fill in Name=responsiveSection noheight / Type=CSS / Position=Header (and OK it)
5). New blank editing window open under responsiveSection noheight, copy and paste your lines of code above (2)
6). Close the Source Code pane, Refresh Page and Preview

The height of the section actually reduces in Preview but it adds a vertical scroll bar to the right side. I adjusted the height in Properties to different values but the scroll bar still remains. I guess the code above is for the display only but the actual height is still the same as before (like 'hardcoded?').

Did I miss something?. Thanks.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2020 at 11:43am
To tell you the truth I never worked with this template.

I tried once and found it too rigid for me.

But I must say that I saw good results from users on the french forum

Edited by Hobby001 - Mar 28 2020 at 11:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic