BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What will I end up with after using openElement?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What will I end up with after using openElement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What will I end up with after using openElement?
    Posted: Jul 22 2019 at 8:05pm
Hello group!

I have been trying to update my years-old website, but have been running into a variety of roadblocks. I am asking current users of openElement for their experiences regarding the following:

I provide professional services and the goal of my website is to reach and inform people looking for these services (video production and related).  My only "fancy" requirement is that it be responsive. 

I need an offline website software, loaded on my computer, one-time purchase that I own. 

I want to end up with a website on my computer in HTML/CSS/etc. that is fully contained on my computer.  In other words, I want a set of .html files and .ccs files, etc., that I can open up, look at and alter if I want to.

I can then upload the site to my host server, where it will also be self-contained. 

So my needs are basic.  Now for what I don't want:

E-Commerce
A monthly bill of any kind (I have a host.)
Code that requires referring back to some other service to function.
Ads
Locked-out code

When I started, I thought I might find something like a simplified "Go-Live" which I tried using but required too much expertise.  I am happy to pay for software to get the features I need.

Does openElement work along this model?

Thanks for your experiences,

-Hjiorst
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2019 at 8:33pm
Welcome to OpenElement Hjiorst,

OE is absolutely free no purchasing price no fees.  It is an HTML editor.

You can build your own site and as many other as you want without fee.

You allready have a host so you know the hosting, domain name and security fees.  OE does not host sites.

You can build htm or php pages as you wish

You can add javascript, HTML, php and CSS code as you wish and to your convenience.

OE is downloaded and installed on your PC.  You build your site on your PC.  You have a preview mode included.  You can build as many sites as you wish without fee.

OE comes with a utility to help you upload your site but if you prefer, there is an option for you to use FileZilla for example.

You can build responsive sites with OpenElement. 

The easyest way to build a responsive site is to use one of the free responsive models offerred by OE.  

Sensode is also offering models at low cost.

P.S.

It is important that you understand that any help provided here is provided by volunteers.

We are not openElement's staff.

We are happy to help when we are available to provide tips, tricks and sometimes a little bit of code. We appreciate that users make a serious effort to research and self-study.

Some of us work in Europe, others elsewhere in the world. As a result, the response time may also depend on time zones.

When the requirement is too important, it can be contracted and the required compensation will pay for the development.

Edited by Hobby001 - Jul 22 2019 at 8:33pm
Hjiorst View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hjiorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2019 at 5:38pm
Hi Hobby:

This information is awesome and very encouraging.  It seems to be what I am looking for.  This would be a major improvement over Mobirise.

I do know that the forum is composed of users, and these are exactly the opinions I was looking for. 

Thanks for the info!
-Hjiorst
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2019 at 8:40pm
Welcome!
Since you are already here, I might have a recommendation for you:
Don't give up, it requires effort, but it's worth it.
It's exactly what a web designer needs.

>> We appreciate that users make a serious effort to research and self-study. <<

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic