BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SensBlack template mobile issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SensBlack template mobile issue
    Posted: Jun 13 2019 at 8:28pm
Hello,
I'm a new user of open element and am very impressed with the program. I am having an issue with the website not displaying on mobile properly. I am not sure if there is a setting that I need to set for it to display properly on mobile as I thought it automatically did so. I loaded the template link (http://sensode.net/sensblack/index.en.htm) on my mobile and that worked properly so I believe that there is some setting that I am not knowing how to set up to allow it to work on a mobile device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much!

Edited by skybrite - Jun 14 2019 at 5:01pm
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2019 at 8:29pm
This template is built to fit any screen.

You may have done something wrong while updating it to fit your needs.

In order for anyone to help you we need to see what you've done.

Please publish you site and provide us the link .

skybrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2019 at 2:50am
The link to the website is http://www.blackmagicjerky.com/
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2019 at 1:09pm
There is a lot to fix but to see it you should select Edit Medias (right under the home page tag) 

Then select the different screen sizes to see what it looks like.

When a media is selected you have access to element dimensions and you can resize them as you wish.  These changes will apply only for this screen and all the smaller ones

If you open the Base_Menu layer and select the 800px... media, you will see that the menu changes into a pop-up menu triggerred by a click on the "hamberger like" image  on the top left corner

There is a Pop-Up button besides the Edit medias button.

Settings will allow you to fill the smaller devices menu items

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2019 at 1:24pm
Sometime it's better to use % instead of px to fit things into a screen.  

I know that they are in french but you certainly can find someone that can help you with it in your neighbourhood.  I remember that I met with a lot of poeple speaking french everytime I had to travel to Calgary and Edmonton.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2019 at 1:33pm
You can put dimensions in % an esay way and test it: 

Using it will apply the selected percentage of the parent element width.

skybrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 7:35pm
Thank you so much for your responses. If I understand what you are saying, if I make the changes to each different media then that will not change the original home page display size? I had tried to change it to display on smartphones and it changed how it displayed in the desktop so maybe I did not change it in the right way. So I just want to confirm that I understand your help with this issue. 
Thanks much!
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2019 at 8:56pm
The process is: 

First select the media
Second make the changes understanding that it will affect the look on all smaller medias.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic