BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot start openElement error code:clr20r3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot start openElement error code:clr20r3
    Posted: May 25 2013 at 5:22am
Sorry for late reply, recently have been check it out all these days by myself  to find out about this error code clr20r3 still I can't solve it. Seems some other programs also have this same clr20r3 error code cannot start the program.

Is there something need to do about my Visual C++, gtk#, gtk+ or .net frameworks runtime version that I've been installed? Beside I've been install all versions of them.

Or Is that my XP x64 doesn't not support openElement?

Regards,
Sora

Edited by Sora - May 25 2013 at 5:44am
Chris OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 3:12pm
Sora,

Thanks for the post.  We will look into this.  It may take some time to properly assess this problem.  Were you able to get the application to work on a different machine?

Chris
Sora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 4:56pm
PC:
1. XP x64 (Main) = crashed after loading this "..."

However my main XP is clean none of virus all runtime installed and lots of opensource in my pc.
2. XP x64 (Virtual Box) = Not checked Yet.
It's fresh XP install without any runtimes install.

Laptop
- Win7 x64 = Works fine,
However my laptop are filled with many malwares need to format.
That's why I stick to my main pc the most.

Edited by Sora - May 25 2013 at 5:04pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:25am
Hi Sora.

Please try the following:

- Start OE in Admin mode (right-click on executable or shortcut - Execute as Administrator)
 - If it doesn't help, try one of the .Net cleaning tools like this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Hope it will help
D

Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 9:54pm
Sora: before formatting try this:
download the free copy of Combofix. Swithc off your line and your antivirus program. Launch Combofix as Administrator (right button mouse and give Admin permission). Let the program do its job. In end it should reboot you computer and give you a report of what it did and what it deleted. If not, you gave to reboot it.

If you need to uninstall all (the made folder too) launch via terminal with Admin permission this code, but before and again disable your antivirus. (Only after you can eneble it)

combofix /uninstall

Remember: after you downloaded it, you have only 10 minutes before it expires. It is a security option of this program.

You need also to install Ccleaner and sometime clean your pc from cookies etc.

Defragment you computer at leaast one time x month or two, cause windows is not Linux! Wink

Hope it helps
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 11:45am
Attention:

It seems that OE doesn't work on WinXP 64bit. This version of Windows is rather weird and more unstable than any other, and unfortunately we don't have time at the moment to adapt to it.

XP 32bit, Win7 32bit, Win7 64bit, Win8 are ok.

Good day
D
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 11:46am
P.S. If anyone manages to launch OE on XP64bit, please let us know.
Sora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 2:21am
Hello, I'm back I've check it now. I've fix from your suggestion seems nothing happen.

After I reformat my pc and install .net framework from
I've found out that there have to be something to do about Net framework 2.0 with XP x64
I think it doesn't support XP x64 than 32 bits as you said.
Luckily I've multiple OS WinXP, Win7, Win8 in my partitions So I can use openelement with Win7, Win8 this way instead. The reasson that I kept XP that's for check files for making software site so I need to check with 3 Windows OS. So I can write review & tag os support correctly. However if I can find some way to work with XP x64 I'll report later.

Thank you Dmit OE, Chris For your support.
Thank you Bravo12 for concerning.
I'm touched. Smile

Regards
Sora

Edited by Sora - Jul 06 2013 at 2:21am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 8:49am
Thank you too Thumbs Up
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 8:20pm
I simply want suggets to everyone a thing: when you find an error in openelement, and it givers you sopme number of error code, please, before, try to check via Google, 'cause surely you'll find the solution.
The error code you have had (error code clr20r3) is particular of .Net. After you said you had lot of malwares... then it is surely done to malware linked to some routine of .Net and this stops all other possible operatiions with other programs, Openelement included.

On my windows pc I use Avast FREE, it is very simple and works very well, allowing to scan at boot (very important).
After a fresh install remember to deflag the Remote assistance 'cause that is an open port to those who want come inside your computer. Installing a system program (as Avast or other particular programs) you need always to have Admin permission, or you pc will never be totally protected. In relation to the windows XP (32 & 64) you must enter in the Administration section at login and there making all you need (install or uninstall); after done the job reboot the pc and go normally to your User account. I have this pc with windows pro sp3 installed from 5 years and nothing came here...but I take care of it...

One last thing: if you use Vbasic or .Net in programming something, remember they will leave a lot of dirt in your registry, so it is a good idea cleaning it at least 1 time at month

Thank to you to let us know

Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic