BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

editing source code / code block

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: editing source code / code block
    Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 3:18pm
Hi,

I searched the forum but couldn´t find an answer. How can I edit the source code?
I can add code blocks but I cannot edit existing ones. Why? or how?

Thanks for the help...

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2019 at 6:10pm
Hi,

OpenElement is an HTML editor that produces HTML code for you.   

If you use another editor to modify the HTML produced by OpenElement, OE will overwrite your code every time you save the page.

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to achieve?

todi79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todi79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 12:35am
i have the same problem.. how did you solved ?
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2020 at 1:11am
The question is what are you trying to achieve?

BanditMIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditMIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 4:02am
As an example of what I would like to achieve by directly editing the HTML code generated by OE:
  •    Add IDs to individual radio buttons that can be accessed from scripts
  •    Add script titles to onClick events for individual radio buttons to perform interactive updates to the page display
I want the ability to paste basic HTML & JS code that I have developed and tested outside of OE into an OE project page.
It would be great if I could edit OE's HTML, CSS, JS & PHP files in an IDE like Notepad++, test and debug them, and then get OE to reread and update its version of the files (maybe with a precautionary 'are you sure' message).

I recognize that I could break my website with these abilities, but I also recognize that you have no liability for such problems, and I would rather be treated as an adult who is responsible for his own mistakes.

Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 8:45am
When you drop an element on a page you can see it's ID in the properties pannel.  You can use it in your script.

To paste html code into a page you can use the code block element 

To add JS, CSS, etc to your page you can use the source code button on top of the working area.

If you use these to add your own code, OE will know where it is and will keep it.
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 9:01am
I used some of these techniques in this video

Edited by Hobby001 - Mar 07 2024 at 3:49pm
BanditMIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditMIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 5:22pm
Thanks!!! I did use a code block to insert my scripts, but I couldn't see a way to add the IDs and 'onclick' instructions to the individual radio buttons. I had written the scripts in Notepad++ assuming I could simply modify the HTML code in OE's code display, and was a bit frustrated when it wouldn't accept any changes. With a little more preplanning, I'm sure I can get my page behaving the way I want it to. Now I just have to incorporate PayPal.

Lets face it, the loss of the help WIKI XML files has gutted OE's lasting appeal; they were amazing! Sad considering how many OE recommendations you see on the internet even today. OE is a fantastic tool, but it's not entirely intuitive. I don't suppose you know where I might download them. I would have done so years ago just to save me the trouble of going online to see them, but capturing them topic-by-topic seemed a silly waste of time when they were readily available.

Thank you again. Your response was unexpectedly quick. It's great to know the forum is still active.
Dennis Hill
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 6:17pm
You can use jquery instructions https://api.jquery.com/click/

The ID being the OE ID starting with WE

Or you can use custom classes instead of ID it's up to you.

I remember that someone told us about a back-up available on the web but I have to make some researches, I will get back to you later on it
Hobby001 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2024 at 7:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic