BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Export to folder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export to folder
    Posted: Mar 27 2018 at 10:50pm
Hi,

is it somehow possible to change the path where the export is saved. I have an Apache server running and would like to export straight to my htdocs folder. It's quiet annoying that I always have to copy/paste.

Regards

Frank
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 2:59pm
Hi,

Can you save your project to this folder directly? At least while you develop the website. Or create a batch that copies all from a certain folder (export folder) to htdocs then deletes the export folder so that next export is written to the folder with the same name?
frank_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2018 at 11:48am

The main reason to use the Apache web server is the fact that the server provided with openElement seems to have problems with relative paths in php files.

e.g. I have my page int a sub folder of the root called protected, in one page I included the ckeditor with roxy fileman, they are in '../Files/Other/cgi folder'. Roxy fileman is looking for its settings with a relative path.
When I preview this in openElements, fileman is not finding its settings (seems he looks in the protected folder), when I run it in the Apache server or in my PHP editor everything works like a charme.
This happens sometimes with other php modules as well.

Regards
Frank

BTW: I really like openElement, great piece of softwareBig smile
Is there still a chance for updates?

Edited by frank_li - Mar 29 2018 at 11:55am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2018 at 12:03pm
If you use an AMP or otherwise manage to run PHP scripts "properly", you can just put the project folder into the appropriate location, open a page via http (ex. http://127.0.0.1/MyWebRoot/oeSite/index.php), and refresh after each page save. No need to publish/export every time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic