BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error: No ftp Password

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robanstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error: No ftp Password
    Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 8:40am
Hello everyone,

I'm new, and new to OE, but I am stuck when I try to configure my server ftp in Preferences > Configuration?? - When I click 'Test Your Settings', I get an error, "No ftp Password"?? Where am I going wrong?

I have tested the ftp.url, name and password with other ftp clients, all good there, I have checked the firewall, I think that's fine... I have pushed & changed every setting I can find but still No Go! :(

Any help appreciated, I am looking forwards to using the application.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 10:11am
Usually, you might have forgotten the ftp. in front of the server address (as I did once).
Best is, when I attach a screenshot, with the important settings marked.
Btw: I did not yet manage the Sftp.

Edited by digizar - Mar 06 2018 at 10:14am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2018 at 9:14pm
Could you please take a screenshot with your settings (like Digizar did above), upload it somewhere and give the link?
Robanstan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robanstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 4:55am
Hello, I appreciate your reply, thanks, however I am unable to import an image into my reply?? Clearly I must be doing something wrong? - http://forum.openelement.com/en/RTE_popup_adv_image.asp

My settings look the same as your image, and I have tried many options with and without ftp. prefix, yet not able to connect, still the error.

I will keep trying. 
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

Could you please take a screenshot with your settings (like Digizar did above), upload it somewhere and give the link?

It's not very easy to post images directly on the forum, so it's bettrer to upload them elsewhere and give the URL.

Please try to actually publish instead of Test settings, to see if the error is the same.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 11:20am
Some (most?) providers require to enable and setup the FTP of their domain(s).
That requires the creation of the ftp access as such (the name of the domain) and the creation of a password.
Did you really do that?
Some special character in the password? like a space?
And then ... did you try to access that domain with filezilla (ftp client program)?
You said you did it, but I recommend to verify it carefully.
Don't use the Sfpt.

Otherwise, I recommend to submit the domain's name and the password to DMIT with a private message. You can trust him. And to change that password later, once the fish is eaten.

Edited by digizar - Mar 07 2018 at 11:29am
Robanstan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robanstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 1:02pm
Hello, I certainly appreciate your help, thanks. It is late here now, so tomorrow I will go thru step by step and let you know if I succeed. Thanks again. I will try the images again.. https://mycoster.com/oe1.png, https://mycoster.com/oe2.png

brolysan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brolysan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 1:35pm
Can you test to connect with filezilla whith your ftp code? it s work?
http://sensode.com
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 2:10pm
The 'Server address' has to be the domain name only (ftp. in front), not the complete email-internet address.
Same for 'Username'.
And for the 'Adresse URL de votre site'.
All the same name(s), execept the Server address, reqiring the ftp. in front of the domain name.
And -sure- the password might be different :-)

And select 'Normal' for the protocol, not TLS.

You will be up & running.

Keep an eye on the domain name, because the .xml file will be built based on that name.

Edited by digizar - Mar 07 2018 at 7:13pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2018 at 10:04pm
I find the parameters Ok. It is possible that there's some special symbol in the password (if the password were just wrong, the error message would have been different I think). Try to type some other password ex. "1234" to see if the error is the same.

In the worst case, use FileZilla, either with results of Project->Export to folder, or if the website is relatively simple directly the project folder (except the .dat files) which will help to upload only modified data after first upload.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic