BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Password in plain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Password in plain
    Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 6:20pm
Having just signed up to the forum, why have you sent me my password, that I entered and confirmed, in an email, in plain text?  

Looks to me very much like you might be storing the password in plain text to be able to do this.

You should not be doing either of these. Basic security errors.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 9:47pm
Hi,

We use Web Wiz Forum as is; this forum engine is rather popular, though I imagine it does contain security issues like any software (it seems that more popular software is, more crap it manages to accumulate into its code). We lack resources to fix their mistakes or dive into their configuration options; in almost 10 years you are the first to complain which probably means that noone has got into troubles.

P.S. That 1.4mlrd-passwords database currently available in darknet, accumulating stolen passwords from all hacked top services... looks like Web Wiz isn't the only one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic