BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

collapsible panel set-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dahpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: collapsible panel set-up
    Posted: Jan 03 2018 at 9:58pm
hello

would there be a way to keep the picture of the panel in the fixed position and let the contained elements expand from it without moving the picture?
my idea is to have an email contact form expand upon clicking on a picture.

and aditional question would be Smile... since i would love to keep the backround of the panel transparent, if it would be possible to let the panel expand over another content of the page.

i just started to do my first webpage, and the trial and error can sometimes get to me and it gets a little bit tiring, so any help and advice is very appriciated. thx

Edited by dahpa - Jan 03 2018 at 10:02pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 8:39am
Hi.

Could you please give more explanations? You want your panel open when you click onto an image which is separate from the panel? Do you need it to look like collapsible panel, or just showing/hiding a simple Group of Elements is ok? (this would facilitate the transparent background task)
dahpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dahpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 10:21am
hey. 
well, i decided to try and use a collapsible panel for email contact form. i changed my picture of the black (what looks like a bookmark) that closes and opens the panel to my own picture. but that stays on the bottom part of the panel when you expand it. so my idea was to keep that picture on top( or in the corner) and let the text input fields expand from the picture without it moving.

like this. have the form expand upon clicking the picture.

so the actual picture doesnt have to be a part of the actual panel, showing and hiding of Group of Elements is absolutely ok. i just didnt know a way to do so, and collapsible panel seemed like a way.

and thank you so much for a quick replySmile
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2018 at 9:05pm
To make any element show/hide another element:

- Select the "trigger" element (e.g. an image) and in its Properties put Custom Class "trigger" (without "")

- Select the element to appear/disappear (e.g. a Group of Elements containing form fields), and in its Properties put Custom Class "target". Then hide the element using the Visible or Display property (it's not quite the same).

- Add a Code Block (Source) type Javascript with the code:

$(function(){ // wait page load

$('.trigger').click(function(){
  var $target = $('.target');
  $target.toggleClass('shown');
  if ($target.hasClass('shown')) { // currently visible
    $target.hide();// hide the target element
  } else { // currently invisible
    $target.css({ visibility: 'visible', display: 'block' }); // show the target element
  }
});

});
dahpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dahpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2018 at 6:36am
thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic