BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Text Overflow Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Madness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text Overflow Problem
    Posted: Sep 28 2017 at 5:15pm
Hey everyone,

It appears that the size of the text in the multi-text element doesn't stay consistent across various browsers or devices. This has become a bit of a problem since I have added a Disqus comment section to the bottom of the page (below the text) and placed it with HTML and CSS in a specific location. So when the text expands too much it overlaps on top of it. Is there any way I can avoid/fix/prevent this?

Thanks in Advance
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2017 at 7:58pm
Hi,

This is the drawback of "absolute" positioning. Try to use "relative" positioning, on your page or in a Group of Elements. As it's rather complex, you can also try a rescue functionality - in Page->Responsive find the option to adapt page height automatically (there are 3 options for height, this one is the second one, not the third!)
Analytical Madness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analytical Madness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 4:22pm
Sorry for the late response, I've had a busy few weeks I'm afraid.

So I tried the relative positioning, but I don't know how to use it. It just appears to put everything underneath each other and I have no idea of how to change that. And the other thing doesn't appear to work.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 8:38pm
You can manipulate objects to change order and put them in the same "line" (paragraphe) side by side; try using keyboard arrow buttons to manipulate as well.
Then, if you used CSS to set exact coordinates of Disqus, of course nothing will work. You should put its code into a Code Block Visual, then either use the "other thing" or relative positioning, ex. byu placing both text and Disqus into a Grou pof Elements set to "relative" positioning mode.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic