BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Websites Created with OpenElement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need an element to upload a ppt or pptx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinbowls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need an element to upload a ppt or pptx
    Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 3:33pm
I am able to create a form that submits word files, excel files, pdf file using the element in the program, but I need an element that will be able to send a ppt or pptx file too.

I do not know how to program.

Anyone have such a element or know where I can find one.

Thanks

Martin Michel

my website is www.abofm2018.com.br   
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 4:22pm
Hi,

I don't understand the problem. In Properties of the file element, can't you add ppt and pptx? See the property "Authorized extentions", which is by default:
.png,.gif,.jpg,.jpeg,.doc,.docx,.xls,.xlsx,.rtf,.txt,.pdf,.odg,.odt,.ods,.odf,.odp,.odb

Just add at the end ,.ppt,.pptx:
.png,.gif,.jpg,.jpeg,.doc,.docx,.xls,.xlsx,.rtf,.txt,.pdf,.odg,.odt,.ods,.odf,.odp,.odb,.ppt,.pptx
Martinbowls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinbowls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 8:04pm
I did that but now I received an error message.    

An error was encountered while sending email!
Please try again later or contact the server administrator.

Error :undefined
Notice: Undefined index: WESendMailID in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined index: PagePath in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 44

Notice: Undefined index: Culture in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 45

Notice: Undefined index: RelativePath in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: OEVersion in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 47

Warning: require_once(../../(var).php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 60

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../../(var).php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in/home/martinbowls/public_html/WEFiles/Server/WESendMail-v210.php on line 60
< style="width: 100px;" ="" value="OK">
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 8:47pm
What is the URL of the page where the form is?
Make sure you publish your website in the Complete (not Differential) mode, then give the link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinbowls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2017 at 9:15pm
I did what you said but now I get:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@abofm2018.com.br to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The site is www.abofm2018.com.br      Click on the state flag to access the menu, then hit posters.   When you get to that page, hit the link on the top to access the sending of files.  

Word, excel and pdf files go through   Just not the powerpoint.   Our mail is through outlook365.

Martin

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2017 at 7:47am
I don't get errors while sending a .ppt file with the second "Poster" File element. Can you redo tests (maybe with another document)? Maybe there's a size limit for uploads, try to send a small (empty) PPT document.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinbowls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2017 at 1:18pm
I tried to send a file to0.  The email went through but there is no attached file.   In the element on the program, There is no way to alter the authorized sizes window.  It is greyed out at 1 Mo.

I am not sure what size that is.

Martin

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2017 at 1:35pm
Usually the size is blocked on the server, you should change the PHP configuration (or at least check what the value is).
When you sent other types of file (with this second button) they are attached?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinbowls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2017 at 2:03pm
I am not to savy about web sites.    Do you mean I have to check with Go Daddy.com becasue they are hosting the site?

Or is it a setting in Open Element.

Also do you have any recommendations as to where to get other elements for websites.

Thanks

Martin 
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2017 at 7:12pm
You should really try to learn a bit more about website development and the environment.
That might shorten the time for you.
This here is definitively not the right place for it,
though openElement is an excellent tool.

Bom dia e agora trabalo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic