BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing dynamic element to the front

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing dynamic element to the front
    Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 6:05pm
Hey guys!

First of all I want to thank you for this great website builder- I am a complete novice; however in less than two days I mananged to almost finish a website with dynamic elements starting from a free template. It's really great; and actually looks so professional. I for one (without any programming experience) wouldn't have been able to make something better looking than a blog without this program and its templates! I do have a problem though, and I am hoping that perhaps one of you guys could give me some advice.

So, I am using the free Template SensWhite for my website; and it has a dynamic background element (background slider), which I find really cool. The thing is that I need to create the website in two languages (English and Romanian); so after completing the English page, I saved a copy of it as a layer; and started my Romanian page from that layer. 

Everything works great- buttons, anchors etc. - with one exception: the dynamic background slider. I have copied it from the English homepage, where it works; however in the layer and Romanian page (based on this layer) it is positioned behind the actual page! This means that while it is perfectly visible in the English homepage, both in the layer I created based off it and on the subsequent Romanian page it is positioned in the background, but actually behind all elements, including the page itself. So in the preview it doesn't appear at all; I can only see it in OE once I slide the page to the right (this is based on a responsive template). 

I have no idea how to change this, in order to have the background slider visible for the Romanian page as well; this is why I wanted to ask any of you guys for some help/advice. It would be much appreciated Smile

Cheers,
Hori
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 7:25pm
I have no exact idea how to handle that.
But my experience tells me, that the 'visible overlay order' of the elements might be affected.
Change that order.
Right click on that specifique element, and re-order the appearance; set it to Foreground.
Right click ... Overlay Position ... Foreground.
Hope it helps.

Edited by digizar - Aug 15 2017 at 7:25pm
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 9:08am
Thanks a lot for the quick reply :) 

Unfortuntately I can't find the overlay position option anywhere for my elements (that might have to do with the fact that I am a complete noob in OE). I read some topics on this forum and people seem to mention soething about a z-index in a code for bringing elements to the fore; no idea if this applies for my case or not.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 11:38am
That is relatively easy to explain.
In short words: Everything on a Page is an ELEMENT (Image, Navigation, Text,  u name it ...)
See the sample screenshot:
Right hand the elements (yellow marked),
in the center the page with the marked element: 'Dies ist ...' with note 'Right click here'.
And on the left margin bottom part the 'Element Explorer' (yellow marked).

When you select a page, you see on the page's Main part all elements somehow framed.
And on the Element Explorer all elements of this page appear in that list; you may select any element from there, too. Just left click it. It will be framed ('picked') on the page.

This picked element can be accessed via a right mouse click on that element of that page; or by directly right-clicking on any element of that page.
Which in turn brings up a popup, with the 'Overlay Position' selection inside. Left-click on that line, and the final selections show up. Left-pick 'Foreground'.
That may overlay another part of the page, buth then you know how to handle the overlay structure with 'Forward'.. 'Backward' ... .
I guess that reflects the z-order, but one does not really have to care about. I personally wouldn't even dare to touch that sequence manually.
(Remark: That same procedure works for many other programs, too. So never underestimate the right mouse click, it's a very powerful tool).

This methode should enable you to find any element of a project.
That should be the same for any template/layer, but I'm not sure about this, because I am just another user like you. I never used a predefined template; I always prepared them from scratch.

Edited by digizar - Aug 16 2017 at 12:14pm
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 2:01pm
Many thanks again for your explanations and for taking time to help me, I really appraciate it. 

I opened a file from scratch and indeed the overlay position option appears for each element after right clicking. However for this template, the option doesn't appear; I have no idea why. Perhaps it has something to do with the coding for this particular template (SENSWhite). I'm thinking to write to the authors, perhaps they might have an idea.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 3:09pm
There might be a remote possibility.
They may have created an Layer/Template, based on another one. Layers may be 'stacked'.
Then, when you use such layer in your project, it might be that this particular element is NOT accessible directly in your page, because it hosts in one of the layers.
If you try to access one of your elements on your page based on a layer, the access ist not possible. Which is the case anyway. And for sure it's the case here with sense..., because that IS a layer/template. Beat me up if it isn't.

So one may access such elements ONLY in the layer where they are defined.
In this case you see a single small sign beneath that element on your page, which guides you to the layer's element. Left-click on that small sign, und you will be diverted to the element where it is actually desinged and located. Only at that place you may change the behaviour of an element on a layer/template (located not on your page). The change will affect your page -all of your pages containing that layer-, which is the purpose of layers/templates.

If you right-click on your page on such element which actually lays in a layer, it will show a different popup, not containig the line for the Overlay selection. But guiding you the the element in the layer.

Otherwise ... the creator has it in his hands. You might want to ask him then. And report here what is the outcome, please.
I follow this thread, because I want to know as much as possible about OE.
Maybe one of these days I'm going to write some additional explanations.

Edited by digizar - Aug 17 2017 at 1:31am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 3:26pm
Hi,

Please give links (URLs) to both English and Romaian page (publish the website in a temporary location if necessary, using Project->Export to folder then FileZilla to upload it manually)
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 4:17pm
The creator of the templates is an admin in this forum; I wrote him a private message. I will let you know the outcome. I think it is better to wait for his response first Smile
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 12:08am
He is very occupied, and anyway it's to me that he refers when things get complicated. And he will probably tell you the same thing - publish online and give the link...
rain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2017 at 9:24am
Ok, I'll do it todaySmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic