BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Element Editor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tables
    Posted: May 10 2017 at 8:56am
Hi again

in my site, I have roundabout 10 tables with beginning Date, enddate, discription, place, ....

I can create a table with openelement - thatīs not the problem. 

But if I wich to copy and paste a row or coloum (and after that make eg minimal adujstements - other day...), I do not find a solution to do that. I have to change every cell - and that is with 10 tables and often changes of the text in it, a lot of time to spend.

The same, if I want a tabel with alternate row coloures eg white grey white grey.

Have I really go to each single field to make a other colour or text? 

There is a solution, I think, but I do not find it till nowSmile
Thanks a lot for your help:-)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 11:48am
Hi,

You can try to use Google Docs to manage your tables online and embed them into your page.

Concerning styles, there's a solution to make each second row something, it requires some manual coding. Add a Code Block (Source) type CSS with the code:

tr:nth-child(2n) { background-color: #D0D0D0; }

This adds light-gray background color to each 2nd row
Otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 12:13pm
Smile
thanks again for your prompt help. I will try it.

Have a nice day

Otto
Otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 11:20am
Dmit,
I have experimented with bringing google spreadsheet in a iframe that is responsive, but foung no solution.
I tried several ways found in google search - make a div, css and js.
with js block my site goes down - nothing was at the right place after that every container was minimised in hight and I didnīt found the way back. So I startet a new siteCry

Do you know a good way to embed spreadsheet responsive in openelements?

Thanks again for your help :-)
Otto
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 1:44pm
Did you manage to make your iframe responsive (% of width)? Please publish somewhere your attempts with this iframe and give the link
Otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 2:27pm
Hi again,
attempt 1 with the code from http://www.my360world.co/guide/:
http://www.sailing-worldwide.de/Copy-index.htm#Termine%20Fu

attempt 2 with may be equal code but 2 code blocks: one visible html the other css:
http://www.sailing-worldwide.de/Yachtschule%20Daten.htm#Gebuehr%20Yachtschule

and, Dmit, since I crashed the site, every time I start openelements I got this ERROR Message (if I klick sent or ignore, the site starts after that):

AnalysePages failed

EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

at OEGuideline.Modules.ModuleManager._IsFileMissing(String cleanPagePath, Boolean makeWaitAttempts) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\OEGuideline\Process\Modules\_Manager\ModuleManager.vb:line 513

at OEGuideline.Modules.ModuleManager.AnalysePages(List`1 pageRelPaths, String pageToAnalyseFirst, Boolean projPageListAlreadyUpdated) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\OEGuideline\Process\Modules\_Manager\ModuleManager.vb:line 566

EXCEPTION: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

at OEGuideline.DataItems.DBResultsBuffer.OnEndAnalyseProject() in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\OEGuideline\Process\DataItems\_Manager\DBResultsBuffer.vb:line 228

LastTrace : ExtractEmpty

Params :

MethodeName :

Stamp : 5/13/2017 3:09:30 PM

ExTrace :

OETrace :

at openElement.OEGuideline.ProcessTools.EndAnalysis(String serial, String bugReport, Boolean isDBBroken) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\OEGuideline\ProcessTools.vb:line 208

at openElement.HookWinMessage.HandleWndProcMainForm(Message& m) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\Common\HookWinMessage.vb:line 155

at openElement.Forms.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Main\FrmMain.vb:line 37

at openElement.Wait.MainDoEvents() in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\Common\Wait.vb:line 78

at openElement.Wait.Open(String text1, String text2, WaitIconType iconType) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\Common\Wait.vb:line 147

at openElement.CtlBrowser.WaitOpen(String text1, String text2, WaitIconType iconType) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Control\CtlBrowser.vb:line 889

at openElement.Forms.FrmPageEdit.ShowLoading() in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Page\FrmPageEdit.vb:line 571

at openElement.Forms.FrmPageEdit..ctor(PageConn pageConn, Boolean loadAsync) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Page\FrmPageEdit.vb:line 113

at openElement.WebSite.UIAction.PageEdit.Open(ActionArg`4 actionArg) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\WebSite\UIAction\PageEdit.vb:line 336

at openElement.WebSite.UIAction.PageEdit._Closure$__._Lambda$__R10-2(ActionArg a0)

at openElement.Wait.RunFunction[TResult](FuncWait`1 action, ActionArg param, String text1, String text2, WaitIconType iconType) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\Common\Wait.vb:line 199

at openElement.WebSite.UIAction.PageEdit.Open(String dataPagePath, Rights rights, Boolean openAsync, String[] selectElemID) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\WebSite\UIAction\PageEdit.vb:line 320

at openElement.WebSite.WebSite.Open(ActionArg`2 actionArg) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\WebSite\WebSite.Open.vb:line 235

at openElement.WebSite.WebSite._Closure$__._Lambda$__R9-3(ActionArg a0)

at openElement.Wait.RunFunction[TResult](FuncWait`1 action, ActionArg param, String text1, String text2, WaitIconType iconType) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\Common\Wait.vb:line 199

at openElement.WebSite.WebSite.Open(String path, Boolean createProject) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\WebSite\WebSite.Open.vb:line 67

at openElement.WebSite.WebSite.Open() in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Class\WebSite\WebSite.Open.vb:line 38

at openElement.Forms.RibbonCore.RPProject.RPGHome.BBIProjectHomeOpen_ItemClick(Object sender, ItemClickEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Main\RibbonItemCore\Project\RPGHome.vb:line 39

at openElement.Forms.PageViewFromJs._OpenProject() in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Page\PageViewFromJs.vb:line 65

at openElement.Forms.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m) in C:\Users\Win7Dev64\Source\Workspaces\openElement\App\openElement\Form\Main\FrmMain.vb:line 31

at openElement.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in :line 82

------------------

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 4:08pm
Concerning the exception: try to copy your project folder and work with this copy in OE, to see if it disappears.

Tables: I am not sure what you want to achieve, the second table adapts as it can; did you see really "responsive" tables somewhere? Usually mobile versions don't use tables, they use blocks that change their mutual positions according to the screen size. Which is not always easy to implement, but tables have their limits too. If you control the table (which is not the case with Google Docs) you can try to force styles onto its cells so that they behave like blocks (div tags for example), this requires certain experience. Or, just let users scroll them...
Otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 10:06pm
"Or, just let users scroll them..."
OK Thumbs Up

Concerning the exception: I have made a copy of my project folder first with same name, second with different name, but the bug report window, when starting the site do not disappears.

openelement runs without bug-report, when opening another project.

Cry

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 10:52pm
Could you please send me your project? Just ZIP one of the copies that reproduces the bug, then share it via Google Drive, Dropbox or wetransfer.com (sent the share link via a private message)

Edited by Dmit OE - May 13 2017 at 10:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic