BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-text Element - Text on Top of Image

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 2:23pm
Probably a valuable hint:
What disturbs me, is the very bottom of the page.
The size (frame) of the element (multitext) seems to be too short.
And at that location I see some text, obviously not belonging to the real text.

The hidden frames around the object:
The top of the image ist still to close to the text of the line above. Left side seems to be ok.

Edited by digizar - May 11 2017 at 1:43am
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

It is really important that you manage to reproduce this thing and tell how to reproduce on our end. It should not happen, period.. but it does apparently. Note also the size of the browser/screen. Try to see if you use any JS scripts that may provoke that.

I'm not sure what in particular causes it. It just seems to happen automatically for no reason when I load up the page. Sometimes when I refresh the page it disappears. Sometimes when I refresh the page again it comes back. I haven't noticed any sort of pattern, it seems to happen arbitrarily. Though I get the sense, and this is just a hunch, that it happens more often on larger pages with more images. But that may be completely wrong. I've tried it on several computers. Two PCs both 1920x1080. One was a 18,5 inch Samsung display, the other I'm not sure. I've also tried it on two laptops. On one it didn't work, on the other I had to reload the page a few times before it would work. This second laptop had 1366x768 pixels total. Each time I used Google Chrome as the browser.
The only coding that I personally put into the page involves embeding the Disqus comment section. One bit of coding in html to actually embed the thing and another bit of coding in CSS to modify the width of the comment section.
The page I linked earlier (http://analyticalmadness.com/CG-TO-S4E6.htm) experiences the problem frequently. I would suspect that if you reload the page a few times, refresh it and/or use the previous/next buttons a few times to go away from and return to the page the problem should arise automatically. That's generally the way I've replicated it so far.

Originally posted by digizar digizar wrote:

Probably a valuable hint:
What disturb me, is the very bottom of the page.
The size (frame) of the element (multitext) seems to be too short.
And at that location I see some text, obviously not belonging to the real text.

The hidden frames around the object:
The top of the image ist still to close to the text of the line above. Left side seems to be ok.

Well, unfortunately that seems to vary significantly between computers. On my computer the frame in the background is large enough to contain all of the text. On most computers this appears to be the case. However, on some computers (and on my cellphone) currently it sometimes happens that the text adjusts itself in a way that makes it spill over the frame and over the comment section. If I make the frame too big however then it looks like a big empty space on computers when the text doesn't go on as long. I'm not sure how to solve it, though I might try grouping them together in one group element at some point.

I'm aware. The top of the image does not have this invisible margin. Only the side of the image where the text appears (on the page I linked this is always on the left side of the image). However, usually I have not found that to be a problem, at least on my screen.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 6:14pm
I've reproduced once, so I confirm it may happen anywhere (in Chrome). I will try to detect and eventually propose some code to force-fix it
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 9:02am
Still confusede as to why Chrome in 2017 would do such a thing, and whether it's your site-specific, here's a workaround to try:

On your pages or a base layer if you have it for all your pages, add a Code Block (Source) type Javascript with the code:

$(window).load(function(){
  $('.ContentBox img').wrap('<span>');
});

Let me know if it works
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 9:41am
Probably of any help (screenshots), as mentioned in one of the prev mssgs:
I can not see any reason for my personal credentials.
I have that atavar in some other forum. It does not belong here at all.
And I don't know how that could appear at that location.
Something unusual with the 'height' of that multitext element?

Also see the top of the image, it's very close to the text.
Doesn't look professional.

http://analyticalmadness.com/CG-TO-S4E6.htm

Firefox__________________________________________________

Opera______were the multitext element ends ___________________________________

Chrome1___________Where the multi text element ends _____________________

Chrome2_________________ where the text ends @ very far bottom ________________

Edited by digizar - May 11 2017 at 9:49am
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Dmit OE Dmit OE wrote:

Still confusede as to why Chrome in 2017 would do such a thing, and whether it's your site-specific, here's a workaround to try:

On your pages or a base layer if you have it for all your pages, add a Code Block (Source) type Javascript with the code:

$(window).load(function(){
  $('.ContentBox img').wrap('<span>');
});

Let me know if it works

I'm not 100% sure yet, because the error doesn't always occur, but from what I've tried the problem does seem to have been solved by this. So thank you very much.

Originally posted by digizar digizar wrote:

Probably of any help (screenshots), as mentioned in one of the prev mssgs:
I can not see any reason for my personal credentials.
I have that atavar in some other forum. It does not belong here at all.
And I don't know how that could appear at that location.
Something unusual with the 'height' of that multitext element?

Also see the top of the image, it's very close to the text.
Doesn't look professional.

http://analyticalmadness.com/CG-TO-S4E6.htm

Firefox__________________________________________________

Opera______were the multitext element ends ___________________________________

Chrome1___________Where the multi text element ends _____________________

Chrome2_________________ where the text ends @ very far bottom ________________

If you're referring to the comment section and your avatar appearing there, it's because I use a program called Disqus which is embedded on the page. Disqus automatically logs you in with your Disqus account or Facebook so you can comment. My site does not access this info, Disqus does.

As for the screenshots, I'm fully aware of this issue. However, as I said before, it varries between computers. On my computer that overlap doesn't happen on any browser but I'm aware it happens to some people. I'm not sure yet how to fix it, but I'm going to try a group element in the future.
digizar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digizar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 6:34pm
Off Topic:
Originally posted by Vargoroth Vargoroth wrote:

If you're referring to the comment section and your avatar appearing there, it's because I use a program called Disqus which is embedded on the page. Disqus automatically logs you in with your Disqus account or Facebook so you can comment. My site does not access this info, Disqus does.
Does that mean, that Disqus automatically 'pulls' my FB-account, even if I do not know Disqus at all ? And even loggs me in automatically?
As I said, I do not have an account or friend ot whatsoever under Disqus.
And how could that be, even if I am not logging in (password not given).
 Angry That would be disaster. Evil Smile

Edited by digizar - May 11 2017 at 6:34pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 8:41pm
I think it just recovers your image from Facebook or somethign like that, of coruse it can't have your login details. I suppose it is also a question of the settings in your Facebook account.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic