BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> Error Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

text overlap problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XeroOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: text overlap problem.
    Posted: May 06 2017 at 8:56am
Hi, I have been getting reports of overlapping in my text especially on Mac computers.

I kind of understand what the problem is, its because I'm using a lot of single line text.

But still, what i see in OpenElement, is not quite what I see in browser. Please see the example below.

http://xeroonegaming.co.uk/Files/Image/open_bug1.jpg

I have only been able to simulate the error that's been reported to me, but others are saying that most of the text on this page is overlapping??.

Is this a font issue or can I limit text to one line only?

Any advice welcome. Problem page in question bellow.

http://xeroonegaming.co.uk/Games_Reviews_Icarus.htm

Edited by XeroOne - May 06 2017 at 8:59am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 4:45pm
Hi.

You can limit texts to one line using Styles->Customize->Text->White Space = "No Wrap" (white-spacing: nowrap in CSS). But it risks to get the text outside of the body. The real solution is to work in "relative" positioning rather than the default "absolute" positioning. IT can be done inside a Group of Elements (property Positioning mode) or on the page itself (menu Page->Responsive->Page sections). New templates like SensBlack and SensWhite use this technique if you wont to see an example.
XeroOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XeroOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 11:03am
Thanks for the reply, ill take a look at relative positioning when i get home later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic