BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WEfiles content

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEfiles content
    Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 10:41pm
in this folder I found 750 images of my paintings

\Energy Oil Paintings_Upload\WEFiles\Image\Skin

could you please explain to me what does this mean

and if I need files in that folder or not
because if I don't need them cam I safely delete them from server
Farid Khattab painter healer
Energy Oil Paintings
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 10:52pm
If this is the result of Project->Export to Folder, they are probably needed. Do you use Style Skins on elements-images? Are you sure you gave the correct path, is it not WEFiles\Image\WEImage?

Edited by Dmit OE - Apr 25 2017 at 10:53pm
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 11:34pm
it is the result of export to folder
it is inside the skin folder 
I don't use style skins
the images are named in numbers and letters.jpg like this one 0efe16fe.jpg

I think maybe because they are 740 images and that is what was missing in my image gallery elements

You remember I posted a few days ago that the image gallery images were not there and I had to add them again

and 740 was the number of paintings I had for my paintings in the time when I had the crash or whatever happened due to the automatic optimization of images checked then I had to uncheck for all images

The strange thing is that I forgot to uncheck automatic optimization for some images and those images did not show in my previously uploaded project and also did not show on preview with browser, and this how I knew that they are the images I missed removing the check mark for, and once I remove the check mark the image appears in preview

I mentioned the above to help in identifying why

thank you for your fast reply

Energy Oil Paintings
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 11:50pm
I cross checked the file names as follows
C:\Users\Farid\Documents\openElement\Energy Oil Paintings_Upload\WEFiles\Image\Skin\ba4e4b8e.jpg

and there are the following files
ba4e4b8e-2.jpg
ba4e4b8e-1.jpg

in the folder
‪C:\Users\Farid\Documents\openElement\Energy Oil Paintings_Upload\WEFiles\Image\Gallery\c454f5d0-f7be-478a-9807-4c3e3bde0fd9\ba4e4b8e-1.jpg 

and

C:\Users\Farid\Documents\openElement\Energy Oil Paintings_Upload\WEFiles\Image\Gallery\c454f5d0-f7be-478a-9807-4c3e3bde0fd9\ba4e4b8e-2.jpg

which are created by image gallery for thumbnail and for the image

I hope this helps

Energy Oil Paintings
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 9:24am
Could you please find the page using this image and give the link?

Otherwise, if it does not pose problems to you, just keep these images in place
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 1:42pm
this image is for a painting and that image is used in the zoom in that page
http://energyoilpaintings.com/paintings/paintings-661-to-680/coffee-painting.htm
and also I have zoom in that page and use that image

also that same painting is in image gallery
http://energyoilpaintings.com/paintings-slideshows/paintings-slide-show-68-eop.htm
it is number 9

the point is those 751 images are in the skin folder like here
Energy Oil Paintings_Upload\WEFiles\Image\Skin\ba4e4b8e.jpg

and they total in size about 1 gega bytes which is a lot of space that could be saved if I don't need those images

thanks a lot for trying to solve the issue
Energy Oil Paintings
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 1:48pm
From my observation it is image gallery and zoom elements that use that way of naming files

so it is either 

1 - the optimized image of the zoom image
2 - the image that was in the image gallery and disappeared earlier and put itself in the skin folder and that is why when I opened the image gallery there was no images chosen although the description and link were there

as that image is only used in zoom and in image gallery it is a bigger size in pixels
Energy Oil Paintings
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 4:38pm
I didn't find usage of this file (the one in Skin) on these 2 pages. So I don't really know how it appears there, and whether you may remove it safely
fkhattab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhattab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 5:14pm
I will probably do a test by removing one and check if no effect I will remove all those in the skin folder

thank you
Energy Oil Paintings
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 8:19pm
Don't delete them from the project, and keep a copy of what you remove somewhere. And don't forget to do regular backups
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic