BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New official version 1.57R8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 12:15pm
You don't need to do anything with PHP configuration in OE, and if you don't use it you don't need to think of it.
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 1:45pm
But the server of the ips I'm using needs a (php) file to get the form and send it to a specific internal address on the server, so how can I do, if I don't see where to include the exact path?

I have 2 buttons: Cancel and Send. Cancel is working by itself, but if I don't set a path in the Send button, where wil go the form sended? Other thing: the server gives a generic code to be used for the form to be treated ... I don't know where to put it... also 'cause I make confusion with that CSS class panel...
<FORM action=http://FormMail.aruba.it/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl method=post>

I link the pdf-page of the article talking about that code so you can see what I mean (also if it's written in other language). And to make more heavy the thing, is that I don't yet have the username and password to try the code online... so I have to do all on my computer.

Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 1:49pm
1) You should use Send Form (not Send Mail) element.

2) In its configuration, configure the target URL (one of the first fields int the configuration wondiw) and put this link there:

http://FormMail.aruba.it/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 1:50pm
P.S. You should put it in the bottom address field, choose "HTTP"on the left and do not include "http://" into what you paste
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 2:45pm
I did so: used a Group of elements, input all datas (label Name, etc) and added also relative input text fields; added there a Submit Form and loaded all informations as read here.
I know there is difference between Email-form and Submit-form, (and I can't build a user database 'cause I have limited access to their server... everytime I have to move phisically to their place and do everything from there). After added the address as told, how can I make recognizie it for the site? I mean: the path is generic, but how can it send it to the internal email of the site? I set only one address, but the other (submit@xxx.it) how can be reached? As you have seen I am planning to send all datas to her internal email address (the one already on the server and ready to work), so she can download it normally using her client on computer. This is what makes me confused...

(After added)
The new 1.57 R8 is working well. I hope it is stable.
I found something I think should be changed from cancel to disable and it is in Properties --> behaviour --> Cancel Resizing (example: a multi-line text input field).

Edited by Bravo12 - Apr 10 2017 at 3:38pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 3:38pm
Please start a new topic, upload somewhere all screenshots necessary to understand how you did the form and its sending so far and give links to them
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2017 at 8:24pm
I came back few minutes ago from my last topic. Sorry, but I need to eat something before proceeding. This is what suggests to do the "survivers manual"... Wink

[ You can close this thread ]
ps4decals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps4decals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2017 at 5:30am
Im currently using version 1.53 R6 what do I need to do to upgrade to the newer version?
and will my website be saved, once I upgrade?
Bravo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2017 at 8:14am
Only download the new version and install it. The first time you will launch it you'll be asked to back up your existent sites. Say Yes and wait. In end it will open the page of the first project site you saved.
It will ask it again for other sites that/if you already have on your compuetr.

Edited by Bravo12 - Jun 24 2017 at 8:15am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2017 at 10:19am
When you open a project with a newer version for the first time, OE asks whether you want an automatic backup, you just need to confirm and a ZIP file will be created.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic