BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions from a newbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions from a newbie
    Posted: Mar 07 2017 at 11:22am
Hi there,

I've been working with the  OpenElement v1.57  in the hopes of making a website and I have a few questions I hope I can get some answers to:

- There seems to be a potential problem with space. When I'm working on the webpages they don't seem to encompass the entire screen. The area I'm working on seems to be just the middle of the webpage with lots of white around it. If I look at it in preview mode it stays the same size. Is that also the case for when I upload the website online?
- Is it possible to integrate Disqus integration into the Open Element beta?

Any answers are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Vargoroth - Mar 07 2017 at 11:24am
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2017 at 8:45pm
Hi.

1) You can try responsive templates - SensBlack and SensWhite, you will see they adapt well to the browser window.

2) If you want to build the website from scratch, first thing to do is to use Page=>Responsive=>100% width, to make the page body full-width; then you can put elements the way they adapt to screen.

3) To control your layout for different screen sizes, use Media queries.
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2017 at 8:47pm
P.S. Disqus: I believe you can integrate it without problems using a Code Block Visual, or Source, depending on what kind of integration code Disqus provides (ex. if they say something should go into <head>section, use Block Source type HTML(!); if it should go onto the page itself (<body>), use Visual.
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 11:58am
Thanks for the answers, but I have more questions:

1) We can't use a template because we are trying to design our own website and the way we want to design it is different from the templates themselves.
2) This option makes the image larger, but it doesn't make the webpage large. It's around 3/4th of the webpage.
3) We don't have enough experience with Javascript or other coding languages. We only have experience with Papyrus, so this might be beyond our coding experience.

Thanks for the Disqus response. We're working with that. :)
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 12:32pm
1) As opposed to other tools, openElement allows to completely rework any template, even if it may require some experience / training.
2) I am not sure we are talking about the same option. To make the whole page 100% width, you should use Page->Responsive->100% widt, and not Selection->Width->100% for example which is applied to a selected element.
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 12:49pm
There was a little misunderstanding on how to expand the elements themselves on the page, but now we retried it and it's working. 

Thank you for your help. :)
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 1:20pm
Maybe just another question: we have carousels. In one style the arrows are displaying properly, but the other styles don't display properly on the webpage itself (they do display when editing in OpenElement). On the webpage though it no longer displays the arrows. We did enlarge the page and the carousels.

Edited by Vargoroth - Mar 10 2017 at 1:22pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 2:11pm
I would need links to the page online to see what's going on
Vargoroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 5:53pm
We can't yet provide links as the website is not online yet. I can add however that when I try to add an accordion menu that the selected style also doesn't display on the webpage itself. The words used as the various options in the accordion menu just appear as plain black words with no background. So that seems like a similar issue of a style's images not displaying, hence why I mention it. Does this tell you anything about what could be the problem?

Sadly, I have an additional concern as well, though I don't know if it's related. When I try to add an image to a carrousell it resizes the image because it's supposedly not the right size. However, I looked at the size of the carrousell in pixels and the image I created was exactly that size. I also tried some other things, among them taking a screenshot of the carrousel and fitting the image in exactly on that screenshot. When I put that image in however it still resized it quite a bit. Any idea what can be done about this?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 8:16pm
All this has to wait till you can publish the website somewhere (not necessarily to its final location, it can be a temporary subfolder on your server). I can't help otherwise.

Edited by Dmit OE - Mar 10 2017 at 8:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic