BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions from a newbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vargoroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2017 at 2:04pm
When we checked the preview again today for some reason the the image in the carousel and the arrows next to them are in the right size. So for now the problems seem to have been fixed.

But if a problem occurs again, do we already need to buy our domain for our website and put it on there? Or is there another option to show you our current website? 

Edited by Vargoroth - Mar 11 2017 at 2:10pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2017 at 8:38pm
No other way is efficient enough for me, and I am overloaded (either I make openElement evolve, or I spend my time fixing website-specific problems...)
ashuyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashuyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2017 at 7:04pm
I'm a newbie and i have a few doubts. Firstly I'd like to thank you for the lovely template. I have created a website using the senswhite template and plan to host it using GoDaddy. So
1) which kind of hosting do I choose for the website linux or windows? And why?
2) Do i publish the website using​ OE or filezilla?

Thank you in advance

Edited by ashuyoung - Apr 03 2017 at 7:08pm
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2017 at 10:07pm
Hi

1) Use "Linux with CPanel", it is much better adapted for this type of websites, especially what concerns PHP.

2) You can do both but publishing with OE allows you to do "differential" uploads, that is, upload only the changes and not the whole website every time. And it is more convenient anyway.
ashuyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashuyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2017 at 6:17am
Thank you so much for the prompt reply! Will try that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic