BullGuard Antivirus Sale - 60% Off with openElement !
Forum Home Forum Home >

openElement

> openElement General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creating Menus - auto fill?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notnumbersix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating Menus - auto fill?
    Posted: Feb 27 2017 at 9:05pm
Hi - I downloaded openElement just a few days ago, I've watched several youtube tutorials and now I'm starting on a web site for the first time.

I can see that this is a very powerful program and I'm taking my time getting to understand it as I go along. I particularly like the concept of Base Layers and the ability to cascade them.

My question is about creating Menus. I'm currently using a template to experiment and learn about the program. I've been able to change to look of the menus buttons, etc. included with the template using a selection from the Style Presets.

With Menus - is it always necessary to create the Menu from scratch manually by choosing the correct number of buttons, etc. and allocating the page link to each? I'm just wondering if there's a way to put a menu on the page which will then update automatically to provide links to all the current pages?

I'm fine if not - it means a different heirarchy might be best to accommodate this.

Thank you for any comment/assistance.

Remember the 16k RAM Pack?
Dmit OE View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dmit OE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2017 at 9:06am
Hi,

There is the "Tree view" element that has an option "Add the sitemap" in its configuration. The element won't update itself afterwards, you would need to clear the elements and use the option again. What one could do is to use Javascript to get the links from this element, which could stay hidden, and generate the menu as needed.
notnumbersix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notnumbersix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2017 at 8:32pm
Thank you - I'll certainly check that out. 
Remember the 16k RAM Pack?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic